- Math teacher for 21 yrs, Math/Instructional Technology Coach for 6 years
- Desmos Fellowship Cohort member
- Desmos Certified Presenter
- Google Education Certified – Level 1
- I love a good prank!
- I’m goal oriented.
- One goal (of many): Help students build mathematical confidence
- Published in NEA Today (April 2016)
- Power yoga is my favorite workout.
- A contributor to The Best of the Math Teacher Blogs 2015: A Collection of Favorite Posts
- I believe in The Growth Mindset (Carol Dweck)
- I have a Master’s in Educational Leadership w/ a Concentration in Middle Level Curriculum.
- In order to ask my children and students to step out of their comfort zone, I must do the same.
- An advocate for students and teachers.
- I grew up in a suburb of Boston. (Go Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Boston College)
- Moved to Southern California 11 years ago. The most unnerving and rewarding experience all rolled into one.
- Pictured above with my sister, Diane, on one of my trips back east. We were not talking about math. 🙂
- Interested in Instant Runoff Voting/Ranked Based Voting.
- This blog is my attempt to convey thoughts, experiences, activities and ideas on math education from various perspectives including other teachers, students and coaches.
Love the blog! Keep it up!
Love the blog, keep it up! New Year New Blog, huh?
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m a kinder teacher just down the road in Beaumont and I found your blog through your article in NEA Today. I will be getting a student teacher in a couple of weeks and loved your ideas for welcoming a student teacher into our classroom community. Also, I sent a link to your blog to one of our math tosas. She will appreciate the information you shared on getting collaborative grouping up and running. An aside, one of my best teacher friends is from Beverly and is named Jenn- a hardcore Pats fan!
Daryl, thank you for checking out my blog and I appreciate that you shared it with one of your math tosas! If he/she has any questions regarding collaborative group roles, I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Love to hear there are more Patriot loving, East coast transplants living in SoCal. Good luck with your student teacher. I hope you have a wonderful experience.
I love the activity you just posted with the digital color google sheet. Could you share with how you made this? I really want to adapt this to my science content.